Are your company’s field service operations struggling to keep up with clients’ growing expectations? If your company is on the fence about going mobile, look no further than these staggering statistics, compiled in January of 2015 by digital analytics service Localytics.
- In the U.S. alone, there are 224 million active monthly mobile app users.
- On average, adults in the U.S. spend 2 hours and 51 minutes per day on their mobile devices.
- Globally, mobile app revenues are forecasted to reach $76.52 billion by 2017.
- Nearly 75% of smartphone users utilize their phones for shopping.
- Globally, there are 5X as many mobile phones as desktop computers.
- When surveyed, 85% of users stated a preference for native mobile apps over websites
It’s clear that mobile applications can add real value to your product and, ultimately, to your business. But it’s precisely in industries where effective real-time communication between field staff and office support is a priority that mobile enablement is a must. Professionals working in sectors such as telecommunications, utilities, or field sales can benefit from mobile enablement in a number of meaningful ways:
- Improve sales numbers due to quick and ready accessibility to products
- Increase customer satisfaction through more efficient service
- Enhance communication by providing dispatchers and in-office staff with greater visibility into field operations
- Ensure greater accuracy by accessing relevant documentation – such as inventory, customer service requests, and case resolutions – on the go
- Streamline the billing process by removing extra paperwork and facilitating interaction between departments
- Ensure more accountability through GPS and GIS based tracking
We encourage you to learn more about updating your business’s field service operations through mobile technology. Give us a call for a free consultation regarding the best software for your project!